[SunRescue] Goats no! Weitek yes!

Darryl Barile rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 22 00:08:15 CST 2001

Thanks....

I'm more interested in the history and technical specs
behind it than the retail value. It came in with a load
of other IPX's. I had always wanted an IPX and this seemed
like the perfect time to 'cull' one from the herd.

I loaded Solaris 2.6 on it this morning and it seems very nice
Once I get it in its own space in my 'office' it will be time to
play around with it in earnest.

It does seem faster than the other IPX's in some respects;
but you're right in that there is not a big difference in IO type
tasks.