[SunRescue] need recommendation

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 19 23:20:47 CST 2001

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 01:55:03PM -0500, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Anybody have a recommendation for a good PCI or USB video-capture card
> > for a Wintel PC?
> A friend of mine bought a Matrox G200 marvel a year or so back.  He LOVES
> it.  And I recall several review sites said it was the best video
> capture and editing setup until the G400 Marvel came out.
> --Kurt

I tried one of the USB-based TV tuners/vid cap devices earlier tonight,
and found out that altho the picture and sound quality was okay (despite having
to run through the sound card for the sound input), the video would only do
15fps.

I quickly took it back and got a refund.

The X10 wireless a/v sender got here today, tho, and works *great*.. I"m looking
forward to archiving all the shows on my TiVo to MPEG and DivX this weekend.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net