[SunRescue] Fwd: Re: which driver do I need in the kernel forsound in a sparc LX?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 19 22:45:28 CST 2001

Debian 2.2 SPARC (www.cheapbytes.com) worked fine out of the box for me
except for one thing - I couldn't control the output selection.  When it
plays, it plays out ALL outputs at once. :-(

As for players I agree that mpg123 seems to be the only one that works -
albeit at 8khz on my LX but since it's going in a noisy car environment
that's really not an issue.  As for mixers aumix works but I wish I could
get mixerctl to work - it seem to have just a little more options.

I've heard that the kernel updates will solve the first one for me - I think
I'll try those a little later after getting the rest of the stuff working.
(Hey, I can always clip the internal speaker wire or put it on a switch.)

Getting mixerctl working will be a little out of my league as yet - I can
only hope someone ports it to work with DBRI under Debian SPARC.

Mike Hebel