[SunRescue] New Netra

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 18 00:10:05 CST 2001

>From: "mike dombrowski" <legodude at home.net>
>Subject: [SunRescue] New Netra

>Just saw the new Netra, all I can say is that thing is pimp daddy :).
Mmmm, agreed!!!

>It's not the fastest thing but if you
>wanna colo a sun for light duty web serving this is the way to do it.
Should be fast enough for most of us.  No framebuffer means it's not a
desktop and I'm having difficulty believing you'd need 400MHz for 2 x
Fast Ethernet interfaces.

>And the pci slot is nice.
You might want to double check this, but I don't believe it has any
expansion at all.  Means we can't slap in a SCSI card and ditch the
non-SCSI disk.

>What do you guys think about it? I'm
>looking forward to buying one in about 4 years when they're $30 :).
Bugger that, I want one now!  One of these and a SunRay will do me fine,
just fine.  Now I just need to sell my Sparc 10 and Sparc 5 to justify
it to the wife.

Rob