[SunRescue] 'X' software to connect MS Windows to Solaris?

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 16 04:14:59 CST 2001

Personally I use Exceed. It's very stable, very capable, and unfortunately
very very expensive. I've tried half a dozen different X servers, vnc, and
CA's remote desktop, and exceed is the best solution I've seen so far.

Plus it includes an amazing amount of extra stuff. An NFS client for
windows, terminal emulators, ntp clients, whois and nslookup clients, a dig
client etc... etc... etc... basically giving your windows box much of the
functionality of a UNIX workstation.

The downside as I said, is the cost. It starts out at something like $500 a
seat. You can get a site license at a greatly reduce cost per seat if you
have five or more seats however. Or you can do what I did and buy it on EBay
from a software distributor going out of business for $25 ;-)

Chris Byrne