[SunRescue] 'X' software to connect MS Windows to Solaris?

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 13:09:39 CST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> I'm looking for the best solution to connect Windows NT desktops to a
> series of Solaris workstations . . can anyone recommend software for
> such?

i've used exceed at work, although i haven't used it enough to
guarantee it's stability. the only complaints have been from people
trying to use exceed on a 640x480 screen and having problems with
applications that don't expect a screen that small.

> Background - we're a PCB design firm, 60-40 NT-Solaris.  The 'trend'
> is to migrate the Solaris boxes to a rack, give everyone NT on the
> desktop, and make them use an X-Server (client) software to connect
> to the unix.

if you want stability, i'd do that the other way aroundbut i am
somewhat biased.