[SunRescue] 'X' software to connect MS Windows to Solaris?

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 12:54:34 CST 2001

I'm looking for the best solution to connect Windows NT desktops to a series
of Solaris workstations . . can anyone recommend software for such?

The company solution is PC-Xware, but I'm becoming disenchanted with it's
propensity to crash, and carry the desktop with it (when the service GPFs,
the entire desktop craters and the end-user must logout - frustrating).
I've downloaded a thing called HOBLink, which works, but I can't tell how
well until we buy the entire package.

Background - we're a PCB design firm, 60-40 NT-Solaris.  The 'trend' is to
migrate the Solaris boxes to a rack, give everyone NT on the desktop, and
make them use an X-Server (client) software to connect to the unix.

Thanks,

Brian