[SunRescue] ANybody elses desktop look like this

Maarten Deen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 06:00:04 CST 2001

> Thats quite nice, would be interested to know what you use to do
> that :)
>
> The linux (debian) box on my desk looks like this:
>
> http://lart.hosts.ision.net.uk/desktops/2001_01_15_103632_shot.jpg
>
> the shot is quite wide as its a dualhead Xinerama desktop running Helix
> Gnome on two 17" Iiyama monitors... I got a bit carried away when they
> said I could have a new machine :)
>
> I also have a wyse terminal I bought in from home (for that authentic
> "actually working, honest" look)
>
> Mmmm 2560x1024 ... now THAT is a resolution :)

Phah! That's NOTHING. My collegue's Iiyama (a 410) and his videocard go to
2048x1536. And that's just one monitor. Fancy having two next to each
other. Now only if he had a monitor that could display that readable and
at more than 60Hz...
:)

Maarten
(no shots. Noone is interested in NT desktops)
--
This train _will_ stop in Tucamcari.
(D. Mortimer, For a Few Dollars More)