[SunRescue] RE: Solaris 1.1 on a 4/330

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 14 14:05:48 CST 2001

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Excellent.  I predict you'll walk into the house one day to find her
> sneaking into your pdp11/34 and grabbing the precious,
> impossible-to-find boot roms for the M9312 board. :)

I certainly hope so (if I have any.... still don't really know what's in
my PDP.  Since I got it back into the US, it's been in storage). :)

>   Eeeeek.  Are they de-fueled?

I hope so.  I'm not totally sure.  I'll have to ask a friend who used to
do electrical work there.

>   Calvert Cliffs nuke plant is about an hour or so from my place.  I
> get most of my power from there.  It seems to be pretty cool.  Last
> night, some friends and I were just talking about heading out there
> for their tour.

A bunch of friends and I almost got arrested when we were younger for
something regarding a nuclear plant.  In Hamilton, Ontario, there's a
university called McMaster.  They have a nuclear plant on the university
grounds.  It partially powers the hospital, and is used for the
Engineering department.  We tried to get in, wearing flippers and
snorkels.  The campus police (Mac 5-0, as they were called) didn't think
it was so funny.

>   Watch it, I'm from NJ. ;) It's mostly farmland, though you'd never
> know it from looking at shitholes like Newark, which is almost as
> dirty as DC and Philadelphia put together. *barf*

I spent a lovely evening in Weehawken, going to the Exodus colo centre
there.  Wow, what a ridiculous place.  I wouldn't intentionally put
anything in there (which begs the question, how do you accidentally colo
a machine?).

>   Virginia is right next door, but it's a big state.  Where in
> Virginia does he live?

He's in Chesterfield, Virginia, wherever the hell that is.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com