[SunRescue] RE: Solaris 1.1 on a 4/330

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 13 23:40:41 CST 2001

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Well, since a SPARCstation-1 can easily saturate a T1 by itself,
> it'd be fine for most people nowadays too.  But Microsoft's marketing
> (and the unfortunate proliferation of Perl) seem to have us "needing"
> much much more than that.  *sigh*

As much as I hate programming, Perl has been somewhat handy.  Then
again, the last time I actually did any C programming, I was using
Microsoft Quick C (hey, it was all I had at the time).  Since then, I've
carefully avoided coding more than 50 lines at a time.  Ah, the joys of
UNIX.  String a bunch of commands together, and bingo! :)

Watched Star Wars last night, Empire Strikes Back tonight, and now I've
got the Imperial March permanently stuck in my head.  I need to go to
sleep.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer