[SunRescue] RE: Solaris 1.1 on a 4/330

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 13 18:53:01 CST 2001

On January 13, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Sun still doesent "look the other way" when you freely copy SunOS 4.x for
> SPARC, because they still have customers using it.  They consider SunOS for
> the Sun-3/Sun-2 series however, old and "useless" enough that if you call
> them and ask where to get it, they'll say "psst!  copy it from someone else".
>
> I'm working on being able to post 4.x/SPARC for download, but it may be
> a while...

  Uhh, yeah...At Digex's main facility alone, just up the road from here
in Beltsville MD, live well over a thousand SunOS 4.1.4 machines that
are sitting there making money...and getting support contracts bought
for them from Sun because Digex now sucks so badly that nobody with a
Unix clue will work for them.  But that's a flamefest for a different
day.

         -Dave McGuire