[SunRescue] RE: Solaris 1.1 on a 4/330

Eric Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 13 09:10:11 CST 2001

Dan Lane wrote:

> Which brings us on to a whole new topic.... you might have discussed
> this... but I am new... forgive me :P
>
> Is copying old software still theft? legally yes... morally acceptable????

That is the question.  How old does it have to be before it 's in the public
domain?

On a similar subject, can I still obtain older versions of SunOS from Sun?
What version of SunOS originally came with the IPX? I'd love to create
a true retro-computing environment on my IPX with the originally
supplied OS.

BTW, I did create an ISO of the OS/2 cd, if this dilemma is resolved.

Eric