[SunRescue] note on living expenses

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 12 09:36:58 CST 2001

Dan asked:
> I bet you get a lot of stick for that name huh??

Yeah. It sometimes allows me to use my stick, too *wink* (bad pun,
keep reading...)

I've almost had beer poured over my head at various confrences. At
ALS one year I had ESR convinced I was him for about 15 minutes. I
also met various female /. groupies who were a lot more interested
in me when they heard I was Jon Katz. It's not all bad if you don't
mind putting up with.... dumb people.

It's a lot of fun getting on irc.slashnet.org and messing with the
kiddies heads. In fact, I once went in there, proclaiming I was JK
and that I was receiving a Cray surplus. I had 3 volunteers who said
they'd port Linux to it for me in under five minutes. (I'll dig up
the IRC logs for those who ask.)

> a lot of people don't like your doppleganger... although most of them
> don't know why :P

*laugh*

> and mine have GOT to be the smelliest AND loudest (I can get my Girlfriend
> to testify in any courtroom)

Is that *really* something to be proud of? LOL

-Jon