[SunRescue] note on living expenses

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 12 01:37:41 CST 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   We used 2" semi-flexible buriable conduit.  The flexibility buys you
> something good...you can easily bring both ends all the way into both
> houses.  Then, no sealing is really needed.

Conduit is definitely a Good Thing.  The gophers around here go through
anything unprotected in very short order and they seem to love the taste
of wire insulation.

If I ran copper I would definitely shield it and use MOVs and lightning
arrestors beyond what's required for code.  Wireless is another
possibility, there are surrounding hills but I have LOS to most of the
neighborhood.

-James