[SunRescue] note on living expenses

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 11 07:25:00 CST 2001

I asked the Starband geeks about their service and about other OS's just
the other day ...

You need a win box to get it set up, but there's a way to use it on Macs
and *nix boxen according to what I read.  As for mobile uses, the FCC
(according to the engineer I spoke with) had a fit when they suggested it.
I couldn't get any specs on their band or power output or even info about
their dishes(gain, etc.).  Highly secretive, for whatever reasons.

Ed Mitchell (ed<-at->the7thbeer.com)
Finger for PGP public key
This boxen's uptime stats....
  5:22am  up 96 day(s), 20:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.05