[SunRescue] note on living expenses

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 9 22:11:06 CST 2001

mrbill at mrbill.net writes:

>i still think about getting a Sun 3/50 (like my first Sun), putting 4.1.1
>on it (qic tape!), getting a Telebit Trailblazer 9600 modem from the local
>Goodwill, and setting up a UUCP feed to my other machine (the Ultra60).

There was a public access Sun-3 in California somewhere back around 1990
or so, that offered usenet & mail feeds, and I think some kinda BBS,
called "quack". Anyone remember that? I got my mail through them for
a while, before I got my own domain in 93.

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------