[SunRescue] note on living expenses

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 9 21:46:55 CST 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 10:28:57PM -0500, dave at cca.org wrote:
> mrbill at mrbill.net writes:
> >On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 08:34:00PM -0500, dave at cca.org wrote:
> >> Free 9600 bps (2400 bps on rainy days) UUCP to a friend's machine. :-)
> >Okay, you win. 8-)
> Oh, I forgot the punchline: the computer connected to the 9600 bps
> modem used to be node HAY2 on the NSFnet T3 backbone.
> "The Creative Mis-Application of Technology" oh yeah.

i still think about getting a Sun 3/50 (like my first Sun), putting 4.1.1
on it (qic tape!), getting a Telebit Trailblazer 9600 modem from the local
Goodwill, and setting up a UUCP feed to my other machine (the Ultra60).

Bill (still looking for the perfect waterproof bathroom vt100)

--
Bill Bradford | email: mrbill at mrbill.net  ICQ: 1864511
Austin, TX    | MSN Messenger: bigroundeye at hotmail.com