[SunRescue] Rant on industry employment practices, was RE: 16 MB memory module for Voyager

Liam Stewart rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 9 08:56:22 CST 2001

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> Funny side story: Remember Geoworks? (PC/GEOS)  They came to Enable
> looking for a "killer app" before Win 3.0 came out.  Above dildohead said
> that nobody would go GUI, told 'em no.  Just imagine if it had gone
> otherwise...

In the same vein...In first year I had a prof who told us he had written
an paper back in the 80s, I think.. In it, he predicted that micros would
never take off. We had a good laugh when he told us that :)

Liam

--
Liam Stewart
E-Mail: liam at ualberta.ca
Web: http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~liam

Forty-two
  -- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy"