[SunRescue] Rant on industry employment practices, was RE: 16 MB memory module for Voyager

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 8 09:18:22 CST 2001

Was that 'Enable Software' as in the company that wrote a suite of software
(for MSDOS) called 'Enable' that combined word processing, spreadsheet,
database and graphics?  Man, I really really loved that package . . no don't
laugh, it was my first word processor and I spent a lot of skull sweat in
the Marines learning it's ins/outs so I could teach _other_ jarheads how to
type letters ...

brian

When I worked for Enable Software (a long time ago!), I watched all sorts of
layoffs, including the "let's not fire the managers, lets get rid of the
most senior employee in each department" trick.  Amazingly stupid people.