[SunRescue] Rant on industry employment practices, was RE: 16MB memory module for Voyager

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 8 08:50:52 CST 2001

Mike Turner wrote:

> Unfortunatly we water has been turned down and we are seeing these companies
> fall like dominios.

Nice mixed metaphor/simile. :)

> thinking about all this when I got layed off from the ISP I was working for
> in the summer ( they decided to follow the latest trend and become an ASP.
> Now I hear the ASP market is collapsing...)

Yeah, I know all about that.  I moved back to Canada with my wife to
work at an ASP, and found myself quickly out of a job.  The projections
were fantastic, and it looked like a sure winner.  However, in the end,
it was not the case.

> P.S. As a side to help Mike Nicewonger out. I have purchased items from him
> in the past and he is fairly priced, easy to work with , and packages his
> items well. Give him some of your business.

How about an inventory list, Mike. ;)

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer