[SunRescue] FS: 16 MB memory module for Voyager

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 7 11:34:47 CST 2001

On January 7, Bill Bradford wrote:
> $75 million in funding 12/5/00 (according to their web page), and they laid
> off over 100 people?  Sounds like a shitty situation to me...

  $75M that was supposed to last until something like August of this
year...now it has to last until something like April of next year.

  I was one of the founders of Cidera (formerly SkyCache); been there
for 3.5 years, wrote 85% of the 110,000 lines of C code that implement
the system...and I got the boot as well.  With no notice, and no
professional courtesy.

  I'm hoping to find some piecemeal short- or medium-term work in C
development or embedded systems or something.

           -Dave McGuire