[SunRescue] NEXTSTEP 3.2 Netinfo problem.

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 6 14:57:20 CST 2001

Good afternoon, folks.

Every time I boot up my NeXTcube, it asks me for what language and what
keyboard map to use, then logs me in as "me".  I'd like to have it
actually prompt me for a username and passwd.  I assume this has a lot
to do with Netinfo.  I've got all the manuals for NS3.0 and 3.2, and
nothing mentions how to fix this.  It does say that only the first time
you boot up will it ask you this information, and that if you only have
a local user, it will not ask you
to log in (this is what I remember, I haven't gone back to the manual to
recheck it).  Netinfo refuses to start, and I don't know how to remove
the Netinfo domain information, as the GUI tools won't start (as Netinfo
isn't started), and there don't seem to be any man pages installed.  I
tried running nidomain to remove the Netinfo domain, but it complains
that Netinfo isn't running.  Urgh.

Any help would be appreciated.

--

Tim Harrison