[SunRescue] Router vs. PC with router/firewall software...

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 09:38:35 CST 2001

>>Consider a caching local news server such as NNTPcache:
>>
>>http://www.nntpcache.org/
>>
>>It's solid, comes with source code, and is probably free for your intended
>>use.  Bandwidth is cut dramatically as data is fetched as needed (or can
>>be prefetched) and newsreaders are very snappy as group metadata is
>>regularly pulled and cached.

Looks cool!  It certainly solves the space problem.  (I don't want to have
to keep 200gig of space lying around doing nothing - not to mention all that
warez/porn.)

Thanks for the suggestion!  Thankfully I've got time to consider these
things and hopefully get it right the first time.  (At least minus the
obligatory Murphy situations. ;-)

Sorry I can't help you with the California vehicle code.  I have a coworker
from CA so I'll see if by chance she knows anything.  (I'm impressed with
this woman.  I hit her with a dozen SCI-FI book/movie quotes about a week
after she got her and she got them all!)

Mike Hebel