[SunRescue] Re: SS5 upgrade

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 05:59:26 CST 2001

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 09:42:22AM +0000, Chris Powell wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:16:59 -0500, Kevin Loch wrote:
> > SunSwift cards.  The other is a workstation with a LEO and an ATM
> > card.  The LEO is fairly fast, it's nice to be able to use the
> > scroll bar in Netscape again after suffering for years with an S24.
> I was under the impression the Leo (ZX? TZX?) card was as slow as a wet
> week and unsupported above Solaris 2.4 (?). The S24 is the card that
> plugs into the AFX socket (between SBus slot 1 and the hard drives)?
> I thought that was pretty speedy....

leo/ZX is unsupported after 2.6, altho it will work (unaccelerated) under
2.7 if you install the SUNWleo package from a 2.6 CD-ROM.  Slow as dog
doo, but it was designed for 3D CAD-type applications, nto a full 24-bit
color desktop...

(mm, I'm currently enjoying a Matrox G450 dual-head 16mb AGP SDR video
card I picked up for $105 last night.. wonder how well it would work
under Solaris X86..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford | email: mrbill at mrbill.net  ICQ: 1864511