[SunRescue] Router vs. PC with router/firewall software...

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 02:00:05 CST 2001

on 1/4/01 22:38, Mike Hebel at drone8of9 at crosswinds.net wrote:

> I just need a good firewall/NAT solution that I either don't have to pay a
> lot for or can build myself using the spare PCs/SPARCs I have laying around.

I run basenji.com using the Xrouter from Macsense (www.macsense.com)  The
pro model is pretty cool, and there is a new version rumored (MIH-130A) to
be coming out this month...  it does NAT, selective port forwarding, and a
bunch of other stuff all in a little $200 (or less) chunk o' hardware with
no moving parts.  Setup is easy, and I've never seen one fail.

It has got to be one of the coolest network tools I've found, and the tech
support is good as well.

-pete w.