[SunRescue] (way OT): Pallets

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 3 11:40:37 CST 2001

Mike,

Mike Hebel wrote:
> True most of us work in the IT field and get cast-offs but a big part of
> most of the equipment I get is just keeping my ears open.  I only rarely buy
> things.

That must be nice!  Between me buying stuff I don't need, and the cost
of gas, my income didn't go as far as it should have last year!  I must
get a vehicle that gets better than 14mpg!

> For instance - how I got the Macs, an Alpha, quite a few VT terminals, as
> well as some other stuff:
> I was helping a good friend of mine with his system at home and happened to
> mention to his father that I was a packrat at heart.

Around here, people try to protect me from myself..... very agrivating!

> As for the Mac I'm not interested unless it's PPC in nature.  (I have far
> too many 68K Macs.)
> ;-)

I figured that :-)  When I get around to it, I'll put it on Ebay.  It's
a Mac Plus, with 4 megs of ram, an Apple HD20(floppy port model), a
Kensington System Saver, a newer battery, and various manuals.  I have
been dragging my feet on it, because I am afraid I will never recover
what I paid for it, unless maybe I parted it out.  I bought it used, but
paid way to much for it.  It was probably a $25 computer when I bought
it, but I paid $50, and then bought the memory and battery :-(  I
cleaned everything up thoroughly, but didn't get much further, because I
had no way to get any software installed.  I think the drive is about to
go too.  I've even thought I might just give the dumb thing away.

In fact..... anyone on the list want it for shipping costs?  Its beige
with a few patches of lighter beige from notes being stuck on long
term.  Otherwise it is clean.  One corner of the monitor is a little
fuzzy, but the Mac Plus is known for flaky video.  It has System 6.08
installed.

It's the only computer I still have at my folks house, and I am sure
they would be relieved if I got rid of it :-)

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA