[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 18:22:45 CST 2001

> In the case of the SS2 it's excusable - it really is a crappy old machine,
> and the comparable x86 and 68k boxes I have suffer the same way.  I haven't
> bothered with any serious testing (cos it's not a serious problem for me)
> but my guess would be that the delay is whilst the SSL lib crunches numbers
> to create the session keys.

Ummm... "crappy old machine"?  At the time of its introduction, and for
*many* years thereafter, the SS2 was a highly-desired system, and may be
one of the best workstations sun ever designed.  Yes, it's old, and slow
by modern terms. (As is any computer purchased over a week ago, it seems)
But, it is not "crappy". That moniker is reserved for the 386i.

-Pete, who was there and wished he could've bought one back then...