[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 17:25:10 CST 2001

Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc at cu-portland.edu> wrote:

> Personally I haven't found my SPARCs to be terribly good at encryption
> things.  I've got a LOOOOOONG wait for ssh'ing into my SS2 running

Me too, although mine is running Linux.

> OpenBSD and 3des, and a fairly long wait connecting to metalab.unc.edu,
> which is a E3500 or something, with a quad proc config, running ssh
> 2.something.

In the case of the SS2 it's excusable - it really is a crappy old machine,
and the comparable x86 and 68k boxes I have suffer the same way.  I haven't
bothered with any serious testing (cos it's not a serious problem for me)
but my guess would be that the delay is whilst the SSL lib crunches numbers
to create the session keys.

   The voices said it's a good day to clean my weapons.