[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

mike dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 13:05:09 CST 2001

>> To confuse hackers, I'd put firewall software on a Win3.1 system -
how
>> many scriptjockys were using computers *that long ago*? Security by
>> obscurity...
>
>I know of one family of firewalls built on DOS.  Instead of taking a
>Network-aware OS and hardening it, they started with a Network-
ignorant OS and
>added just enough to make it pass the desired traffic.
>

>AL

IPRoute! It rocks for many things. My friends linux router decided to
die during a lan party so I got a 486 with two cards and had iproute
running in a matter of 10min. Still use it for some things like routing
and playing, it's got nice features like unix log host support. Only
major problem is finding packet drivers, the newer cards just don't
have them. Hey! I wonder if it could bridge FDDI and Fast Ethernet for
me! /me scurries off

Mike