[SunRescue] E450 with 200MHz CPUs?

Mattias Paulsson rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 11:48:32 CST 2001

Might aswell post this since I haven't got any tasty (well, ehm...) recipies to share with you.

The other day the company I work for bought a used Sun Enterprise 450 which will be used to replace some old equipment in our serverpark. As a regular sysadmins we started of by opening the case and examining the insides before we actually tried the beast out. Looked just fine, a perfect speciment. :-)

When we booted the machine it said that there was 2x200MHz CPUs installed. Strange, I thought that the slowest CPU you could find in an E450 was the 250MHz UltraSPARC-II. A quick search on the web resulted in nothing (not even at Sun).

Now I just have to wonder, have bought something that doesn't is supported anymore or what is the deal with this box? Please enlighten me.

Just don't tell us that we've made a mistake even though it was dirt cheap to buy. :-)

----
M.Paulsson - Perl programmer / systems architect / protector of squids
Webdwellers might find http://www.trustno1.net to be lacking good taste.

"- Plus the Camel maskot is a hell of a lot cooler than a cup of coffee!!"