[SunRescue] Bad - new NVRAM/TOD??

steve price rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 11:39:03 CST 2001

Hi all,

I recently pulled an old IPX and SS2 off the shelf and
fired them up.  Of course, the ether address and
hostid
weren't there - so I replaced the NVRAM with a brand
new one from Mouser.  Reset the hostid and ether
address.

Now at boot it complains that FAILURE TOD (f20007fa)
Bit failure, exp=000000ff,obs=0000007f.  Can't op.
Power on Self Test Failed - Replace NVRAM.

However, the ether address and hostid remains after
removing power, and the clock keeps good time,
indicating the battery is ok.

I've pulled the sun-nvram-hostid.faq and reset - but
no avail.

Other than saying its failed and stopping the boot
process, the box is happy.

Any ideas on how to reset the bit it's looking for and
get a clean boot?

thanks!!