[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 01:58:19 CST 2001

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:18:04 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:

>On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 12:34:32PM -0500, nick at snowman.net wrote:
>> Add 1 and 1.  Covad is not bell.  Why would bell provide covad everything
>> possible?  I belive it is called monopoly powers.
>> 	Nick
>
>No, covad was claiming that due to my distance from the CO, they could only
>give me 144K - which was clearly BS, since I already had a 1.5meg/128K line
>(SWBT circuit) installed and working.
>
>In any case, even if Covad had said they could give me more than 144K
>anyway, the line installed from the local CO to the house would have been
>from SWBT anyway - just leased out to Covad, then billed to me..

Hmmm... Yeah, I found out the same also.
But anyways, PacBell missed the first install date, which got me really pissed off.
Then they kept scheduling their dates when I had school, so I told them
to go to hell, and cancelled appts, when they decided to just show up anyways when
I wasn't here.

I have friends that told me they needed 3 tech visits to get it working.
So sad.