[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 1 20:23:30 CST 2001

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Reagen Ward wrote:

> I know too many folks who have overwhelmed Netscreens with just a few hundred
> machines.  The Nokia IP Firewals are Intel (celeron), and are OK, and the PIX
> aren't bad, but I still like nice SPARCs running FW-1 for most enterprise
> firewall needs.  I run a SPARC20 with IPFilter as a firewall most of the time,
> but have been stuck with needing IPSec too often.

Why not use the IPSec in OpenBSD?  I've gotten it to interact with our
corporate firewall (which is FW-1) as a proof-of-concept and now I'm
convincing some of the harder heads to use it instead of Red Hat (Dead
Rat) with the FreeS/WAN patches.

It works quite well.  It may not have been blazing, but then again I was
using it on a 32meg SS10 with an SM41.

--Kurt