[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 1 19:48:59 CST 2001

I see your point, but I would say that putting a firewall on a commodity OS
is more like putting a lock on a door, but the hinges are on the outside of
the door (accessible to anyone) with a note indicating where the local
hardware store is. 8^(

Now internal/in-house routers are another story entirely...

To confuse hackers, I'd put firewall software on a Win3.1 system - how many
scriptjockys were using computers *that long ago*? Security by obscurity...

Ken