[SunRescue] PROM password issues.

jborisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 21:22:39 CST 2001

Tim Harrison:
>So, I've screwed something up.  I can't use the -b option, as it asks
>for the password.  I can't boot into single user mode, as it asks for
>the password.   Any thoughts?  I'd like a nice, clean way to do this
>without taking the chance of hosing the box. :)

So are you saying you weren't able to get far enough to use the eeprom
command?

>Anything and everything gratefully accepted.

I've had great success with the NVRAM piggybacked on the modified socket
idea.
Much better than the Hot-swapping Idea I used to use.

Someone has the deja link for this. I can dig it up eventually if someone
else doesn't have it.

I suggest this method because it has worked great for me. And I'm not the
sharpest knife in the drawer either. Just practice good chip extraction
methods, like using a proper tool. And, make sure it goes back in the
same direction it came out. I have learned these things that hard way,
but have yet to hose a box.

--jeff