[SunRescue] Dirt cheap Ultra 2

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 25 17:22:44 CST 2001

Satisfaction wise, the most bang would probably come from maxing out the
Sparc 10:).  But then, I've always been a sucker for spending too much
maxing out old machines.

I used to have a 486dx2/66 (upgraded from sx/33) with 52 megs of ram and
11 gigs of hard drive space (a 2.7 and an 8.3 ide).  At the end of 98 it
was my main workstation.  Now I'm sinking money into a p2-350 (has 6 gigs
of HD.  Thinking of adding another 10.  192 megs of ram, thinking of going
to 512, and thinking of replacing the voodoo3 card with a g450).

Once I get my Sun 3 working, I'll probably spend way too much upgrading it
also.

--
Joshua Boyd