[SunRescue] Vertical Limit fild computers

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 22 02:47:07 CST 2001

> I guess I really know I am "into" computers when I go
> to see a movie and try to figure out what models, OS's
> window managers, etc they are running when they show
> a terminal in a scene.

LOL I know the feeling! I was grinning with aproval at all the Sun Ultra 1's
I saw on a tv show about airplane manufacturers. Let's not forget the SGI or
two I spotted as well :)

<Mike stands back and points his finger at everyone. Geeks Geeks were all
'puter lovin' Geeks!!!>

> That leads me to the movie "Vertical Limit". Anyone know
> what kind of computers they had set up in the field camp?
> I am referring to the notebook types that looked like they
> were built into some kind of military field case. They seemed
> very rugged and literally bullet proof. They would probably
> look really good installed in a UNIMOG!

I have seen a few very cool ruggedized portable Sun boxen. One of these days
if I can find one with it's original hard disk or at least the mounting
stuff for it I may snag one.

Mike N