[SunRescue] Cooling

Ed Pate rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 14 10:36:22 CST 2001

--------------96DB375B9842A7B5FD2E2A56

Trying to dig a basement in most of Central & South Florida will only
get you wet.   Some places are less than three feet above the water
table.

I had similar cooling problems in an apartment I used to rent.  In
winter (yes, we have winter here, well, in North Florida, anyway), I
would have the window open, even when it was in the 30's outside.  Kept
the room comfortable.  In the summer, I had the window unit running 24x7
and the door closed.  The temp would vary from about 68 to 76 degrees F.

Ed

Ken Hansen wrote:

> I think the real key is circulation - if the air around the
> equipment is warm, the equipment will only warm it up even more.
> By moving the air around, you stand a fair chance of keeping
> things cool/cooler.
>
> BTW Basements are great places for such "activities" - assuming
> your is cool and dry. Of course, some regions are
> "basement-imparied" since, I guess, the ground is too hard to
> dig???
>
> Ken

begin:vcard
n:Pate;Ed
tel;fax:904-359-3904
tel;work:904-359-2401
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:CSX Technology;MidTier Strategic
adr:;;550 Water St, J976;Jacksonville;FL;32202;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Ed_Pate at CSX.com
title:Engineer - Technical Architecture
fn:Ed Pate