[SunRescue] Need help Symbios 8751sp PCI in ultra10 machine

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 7 17:02:39 CST 2001

Hi guys:  I really need your help here.  I recently located the sym 8751sp for about $40 to upgrade my U10 to scsi.  I called and spoke to tech support at LSI about this product and they think that the 8751sp used in U10 need some modifications made by Sun.  Is this correct?  or the version sun sells exactly the same as one from LSI and should work with the U10.

Another unique problem I have is how to get two scsi drives pulled from E450 and E250 to work with the U10.  One drive is Seagate Barracuda model ST19171Wc and the other is IBM model DDRS-39130.  Both drives have 80 pin hot pluggable.  Since the 8751sp only have 68 pins, it seems that I need to get some kind of adapter to connect to it.  Do you have any suggestions?.

Thank you in advance
Paul
mmapaul at netscape.net