[SunRescue] UK Viewers

kebabthesheep rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 31 08:42:15 CST 2000

--- Shadow Man <edenhouse at hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi
all,

> just wondering for an in-formal straw poll on how
> many people here are in
> the UK.

Well there's little me in Southampton, previously
London. :)  I know of a couple of others

> I realise that the market for Sun equipment
> rescued from skip diving
> is not as big as in the States but there is probably
> a fair amount of stuff
> which will be reaching the end of it's City life
> span ( if any one can
> recommend any good skips in London/UK, just shout ).

I can, but not ones you could easily get at :)

Have you seen what goes on ebay.co.uk ?  IPXs and ELCs
go for LOADS!  They're things, that shipping from the
US costs just too much, and there are loads of people
in this country hungry for cool unix boxen -
especially suns :)  I could easily make a huge wodge
of cash with my stack of sun gear - but they're *mine*
:)

> I want to rationalise my server room, just wondering
> whether to offer stuff
> here, or on E-Bay UK, or whether to phone a
> secondhand retailer.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please offer stuff here first!  Many of
us have cars/bikes and can collect or swap stuff in
person, if needs be.  It's only a little country :)
What have you got?  Any *early* sun gear?  I _want_ a
sun2, but i've only got 3 of the sun3's, and 7 or so
sparcs, so quite a way to go for my collection.  I
want every sun. :)  Failing this, ebay uk, but not a
secondhand dealer - they're useless.  RE:
www.acara.co.uk !!!! 500 quid for a sparc2??????  Even
with a TGX its about 10x over priced!

Dave.