[SunRescue] Cool rescue...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 28 08:09:14 CDT 2000

Hey folks...

(I'm actually not new to the list, I'm just coming from a new email
address. :))

I managed a pretty amazing haul recently...essentially two CP1500's(128MB
on one, 256 on the other) in a custom-built cPCI chassis.  The box
features an LVD  SCSI bus(single bus, multi-initiator, pretty cool stuff),
multiple power supplies and it runs off -48VDC(hence I got an AC <-> DC
supply for it).  It was built as a replacement platform for some company.
but the project was killed off once the systems reached production.
*sigh*...and here is the saddest part...the wife says it has to go!!(it's
about the size of a mini-fridge, black, missing one of the empty drive-bay
covers).   Before I have to 're-scrap' it, would anyone be interested in
such a behemoth?  Yes, I did pay some good money for this unit, so I'd be
looking to recover my cost, but that's it.

It is up and running, both CP1500 blades work fine.  Has a couple of 8GB
LVD drives, dual hme interfaces per CP1500 and all the standard ports.

Ed Mitchell (ed<-at->the7thbeer.com)
Finger for PGP public key