[SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

Hatle Hatle
Wed Oct 25 10:53:20 CDT 2000

All,

As a "hanging on by my fingernails" Newton 2100 user, I've been sitting the
fence between Palm and the new Compaq Ipaq.

I like my Newton, but since the software pipeline has pretty well dried up,
I can see the handwriting on the wall (no pun intended). The chance of any
new application I might need being developed is slim, and I don't need to
learn how to program it <grin>.

I can do sync with Outlook with a 3rd party program I have, and the Internet
connectivity via PCMCIA is better than I've seen on any other PDA.

The StrongArm in there (160 Mhz?) is plenty fast- as good as the Palms or
Ipaq's I've tried as far as moving around within and between apps.

I'll probably be a new Ipaq user before too long. The platform seems more
versatile to me, though it's hard to argue with the market share of Palm.

I'm open to constructive harangues on why I should buy one or the other
<grin>

Steve