[SunRescue] we're all just spoiled (was: re: IPC)

Berserko berserko at thb.on.ca
Mon Oct 23 18:19:03 CDT 2000

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 03:11:37PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> > Like many on this list
> > I'm sure, the people around me are amazed at what you can actually _do_ with
> > an "old" computer. *grin*
> > You just have to remember you're driving a VW Bug instead of a Jaguar. ;-)
>
> One thing I used to notice back when I worked tech support at an ISP:
>
> The people who NEED good computers (ISP techs, sysadmins, etc) have
> old crappy machines held together with duct tape & bailing wire and
> trips to Goodwill.
>
> The people who DONT need good computers (doctors, lawyers, etc - the people
> who use their computers ONLY for stuff like email, wordperfect, lotus/
> excel, etc) have the 2Ghz 200Gig Athlons with the 24" monitors.
>
> Anybody else ever notice this?

Well I'm in the same position as the rest of you computer wise the only thing I
can say I spent way to much on (I paid for it by not eating for a few days). Was
my 21" Sony F500R monitor best investment I ever made other than that My house is
lettered with low powered Sparcs Pentium 1's and a lowly P2. I fine their quite
nice Maybe I'll post a pic or 2 of my setup sometime soon...