[SunRescue] alpha question

=?iso-8859-1?q?kebabthesheep?=kebabthesheep at yahoo.com =?iso-8859-1?q?kebabthesheep?=kebabthesheep at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 08:39:06 CDT 2000

--- "Stout, Logan" <ldstout at broadband.att.com> wrote:
> a question for those in the know about alpha's,
> particularly, alpha 600
> 5/266 models.
> I have managed to render my alpha unable to be
> booted, and have been advised
> to boot it with a serial console on it.

Is there a little (probably recessed) toggle switch on
the rear of the machine?  My 3000/600 has one, and you
need to switch it over in order to swap between debug
mode via the serial console, and normal mode.  If not.
 Panic.  :)  Other than that I don't know 'owt - I
don't 'do' NT and my alpha only has SRM firmware
(shame!) and can't run NT anyhow (IFAIK)

Dave.