[SunRescue] Re: Trolls and MP on rescued suns

kebabthesheep kebabthesheep at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 11:28:55 CDT 2000

Redhat not running properly on suns is probably not
too bad a thing anyhow, IMHO.  It is generally *very*
buggy, and often unstable.  Even on intel the
installation is a hit and miss affair.

I use slackware linux on my pentium boxes because it's
(well used to be) very small and compact, and is well
thought out.

I'm in the process on compiling slackware for the
sparc, from the included source, just need to hack
around with the package configurations to get it all
to compile cleanly :)

Maybe someone (maybe me) ought to suggest to Mr
Volkerding (the maintainer) that a sparc build would
be nice ?

www.slackware.org You know it makes sense :)

Dave.