[SunRescue] Re: Trolls and MP on rescued suns

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Sat Oct 7 16:02:59 CDT 2000

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 08:53:10AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Wrong.  There IS a RH 7.0/SPARC, its just on "engineering hold" right now.

If only all of their .0 releases would be on engineering hold until they fixed
things.  Actually, I gave up on RedHat when they shipped a pre-release kernel
that has known instabilities involving symbios logic controllers, which was all
that I used at the time.  Slackware, SuSE, and YellowDog are all I need.

What I heard was that there won't be a 7.0 release, but there will possibly be
a 7.1, etc, depending on demand.  Of course, I read that on SlashDot, a huge
source of misinformation.

Reagen