[SunRescue] Re: Trolls and MP on rescued suns

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sat Oct 7 06:14:58 CDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 08:52:22PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> Has anyone played with SuSE or newer Redhat on dual systems? I'll suggest
> the 600MP with SM100 since those are often rescued (try to get this back
> somewhere near the topic of the list), although if anything I'm more
> likely to put the 600MPs out to be rescued by another good home soon.

This doesn't really answer your question, but auric.debian.org, the main
Debian GNU/Linux archive machine, is running Debian 2.2. It's a dual 450Mhz
Ultra 60 with 1.5G RAM and kernel 2.2.17. Nice machine :)

There is no RH 7.0 for SPARC AFAIK, but they say there _may_ be a 7.1/7.2
SPARC release.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner      | http://www.edr.uct.ac.za/~mj/