[SunRescue] good news OT

nick at snowman.netnick nick at snowman.netnick
Fri Oct 6 19:09:36 CDT 2000

Linus himself stated that Linux would never run on anything other than a
intel x86 proc.  Considering this it is very impressive that linux
supports anything other than X86, much less that it seriously competes
with solaris and every other comercial unix in the "rational user
environment".  I will happily use linux on any hardware over solaris and
that's mostly because of solaris's braindead defaults and
ahh... Impressive default software package.  You're completely right,
linux dosen't preform as well against software explicitly designed for the
task, especially when it was explicitly not designed for that task.
	Nick