[SunRescue] good news

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Mon Oct 2 13:37:04 CDT 2000

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 02:10:43PM -0400, Tim Harrison wrote:
> > Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > > of the house.  Let me state for the record though, that the absence of a
> > > basement truly SUCKS.
> > The absence of a house sucks.  Living in an apartment is not conducive
> > to collecting. :(
> > My wife, although she has several of her own toys, is slightly miffed at
> > the PDP-11 in the living room.
>
> Solution:  buy her bigger toys / clothing / sparkly things.  It may just be
> temporary, but it works. 8-)
>
> Bill

Bill's been studying...

Jewelry & Flowers cover a multitude of sins...Just don't do it so frequently
that after they see them, they ask what you did this time ;)

I've been in all situations whilst accumlating gear: dorm room, room in a
rental house, apartment, townhouse, rented house, and my own home...Trust
me, the last is the best.  It can be hard to convince the landlady to let
you run that 220 outlet, but all that's stopping you when you own the place
is motivation (granted, I have been sufficiently motivated yet, no cool big
hulks that require 220 in my case yet...)

Hey, PDP-11 in the living room can always double as an ottoman/coffee
table/entertainment center (depending on unit size).  I had a very ratty old
VAX II/GPX that served as an end table/night stand in my room during my
college days (missing side panels, non-functional).

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net