[SunRescue] way offtopic: concrete stain!

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Mon Oct 2 12:42:45 CDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 12:42:26PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Yep - we've been looking at Pergo for a while now, but its out of our budget
> for the immediate future - therefore we figured doing something to the
> concrete was cheaper.  How I'm gonna get the existing concrete surface clean,
> tho, I have no idea - its got glue spots, etc, on it from where the carpet
> pad was glued down.

The standard for cleaning concrete is muriatic acid, which is just HCL.  It's
got some nasty fumes, though.

My wife says that you can buy concrete stains and paints at almost any hardware
store or industrial supply; she does scenic painting and faux finishes for a
few local theatres, and has done it a few times.  She reccomends going with a
dull battleship gray as a base/primer.

Reagen